Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Stars

Yesterday, I watched the movie Stardust at AXN. The story is about a fallen star (actually, she looks like a human, a lady wearing a silver dress). That star lived with the humans and even fell in love with one. I was just amazed by the genre because it’s for the whole family, not just for kids. It is star-studded, action-packed, thriller, comedy and love story. All-in-one. Michelle Pfeifer, Robert de Niro and Claire Danes are even there. So, I can’t get over the movie. I actually recommend it. The fallen star said in the movie, “How can a star shine if it is broken?”

This morning, I read Daniel 12. I don’t know why my Bible opened to that page because what I was about to read is Leviticus 8. Anyway, Daniel 12 quite talked about shining like stars, what a coincidence. It says in verse 3, “Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.” So, after having read it, it’s no coincidence that I turned to that page.

So, if want to become like stars forever and not experience doom, we have to have insight and we have to lead many to righteousness. Jesus said in Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of age.”

We gotta make disciples and that means, lead them to righteousness—they only have to believe that Jesus is the savior and He has to be their Lord; they don’t need to do good works because it can’t save them (Romans 3 and 4:4-5). Just believe… and obey. Because if we don’t, we can’t come to the Father (John 14:6) and we’ll be on our way to eternal doom (Revelation 21:8).

So, let’s make disciples and shine forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment